Handheld laser welding machine product introduction
The industrial market application of the handheld fiber laser welding machine makes the welding operation easier, and easily realizes the tailor welding, stitch welding and seam welding of various angles and positions. It can perfectly replace the traditional argon arc welding and electric welding in the welding of thin stainless steel plates, iron plates, aluminum plates and other metal materials.
Applicable products and industries
Welding of thin metal plates-stainless steel, carbon steel, applicable products-laser welding of all kinds of sheet metal, molds, chassis, water tanks, kitchen and bathroom products, all kinds of hardware and lighting, advertising signs, door and window frames.
The internal design is smart, and the good interactive control system expands the tolerance range of the processed parts and the width of the weld seam, solves the disadvantage of small laser welding spot, and makes the weld seam better.
The shape is light, adopting the design method of body engineering, the grip is comfortable, easy to control with one hand, and the operation is simple and easy to use.
With multiple safety alarms, the light will be automatically locked after the workpiece is removed, which is highly safe.
The welding seam is beautiful, fast, no consumables, no discoloration, and no need for later polishing.
A variety of angle nozzles can be configured to meet the welding needs of different products.
|project||Technical parameters PARAMETERS|
|Laser power||1000W, 1500W, 2000W|
|Focal length of handheld welding head||100mm|
|Host power consumption||＜10KW, depending on the specific power|
|electricity demand||220V/380V, depending on the specific power|
|Cooling method||1.5-3P Industrial Water Cooler|
|Machine size||1200mm x 600mm x1085mm|
Provided apparatus main configuration
|project||Brand | Manufacturer|
|Hand-held welding head||custom made|
|Water cooler||Intelligent temperature control industrial water chiller|
Solder bonding material sample display
|Hand-held laser welding machine for welding galvanized sheet
|Handheld laser welding machine for welding stainless steel
|Handheld laser welding machine for welding aluminum alloy
|Hand-held laser welding machine for welding fillet welds
Handheld Laser Welders – Complete FAQ Guide
What is a handheld laser welding machine?
The hand-held laser welding machine is a new generation of laser welding equipment. It belongs to non-contact welding. It does not require pressure during the operation. Its working principle is to directly irradiate a high-energy laser beam on the surface of the material. The material melts inside and then cools and crystallizes to form a weld. The handheld fiber laser welding machine fills the gap of handheld welding in the laser equipment industry, subverts the working mode of the traditional laser welding machine, and replaces the previous fixed optical path with the handheld type. possible. Hand-held welding is mainly aimed at laser welding of long-distance and large workpieces. It overcomes the limitation of the travel space of the worktable. The heat-affected area during welding is small, and it will not cause work deformation, blackening, and traces on the back. The welding depth is large, and the welding Firm and fully melted, it can not only realize thermal conduction welding, but also continuous deep penetration welding, spot welding, butt welding, stitch welding, sealing welding, seam welding, etc. This process subverts the working mode of the traditional laser welding machine. It has the advantages of simple operation, beautiful welding seam, fast welding speed, and no consumables. It can be welded perfectly on thin stainless steel plates, iron plates, galvanized plates and other metal materials It replaces traditional argon arc welding, stainless steel plate, iron plate, aluminum plate and other metal materials welding.
What are the components of the hand-held laser welding machine?
1. Laser welding host: The host of the laser welding machine is mainly used to generate a laser beam. It consists of a control system, a power supply, a laser generator, and an optical path.
2. Cooling system: The cooling system is used to provide cooling for the laser generator, and is generally equipped with a water circulation chiller with a power of one to five horses.
3. Laser welding motion system: In laser welding, the beam moves according to the welding trajectory to realize the automation of welding. The motion control program is programmed by programming to control the movement of the workbench as required, and the programming system is simplified, the operation is simple, and it can be quickly mastered without professional skills or educational background.
4. Fixtures: Generally in the welding process, laser welding fixtures are mainly used to fix the workpieces to be welded, so that they can be repeated during the loading and unloading process and repeated positioning, so as to facilitate automatic laser welding. Fixtures are one of the indispensable equipment in laser welding production. Especially in mass production, whether the design of fixtures is in place will have a direct impact on production efficiency and yield.
5. Observation system: The general laser welding machine is equipped with an observation system, usually a microscope or a CCD display system, which can observe the workpiece in real time, which is conducive to accurate positioning during programming and inspection of its effect during the welding process.
What are the brands of fiber optic power sources in handheld laser welding machines ?
Wuxi Youcai (UCRT) analyzed that there are dozens of laser brands currently used for fiber laser cutting and fiber laser welding machines . The following brands are common in the market, domestically produced: Raycus Laser, Maxphotonics Laser, Hotspur Laser , Kepling laser, Feibo laser, GW laser, Lianpin laser, JPT laser, etc.; common imported fiber laser brands are: IPG laser, TRUMPF laser, SPI laser, Ennai laser, coherent laser, etc.
What are the brands of cooling systems in handheld laser welding machines ?
Wuxi Youcai (UCRT) recommends mainstream chillers: Hanli, Kelida, Teyu, etc. The large-capacity cooling effect is better than Kelida, and the economical choice is Hanli.
What are the brands of motion systems (including gun heads) in handheld laser welding machines ?
Wuxi Youcai (UCRT) recommends mainstream laser welding gun systems: Super Albert, Kirin, Wanshunxing, Osprey, etc. For quality, Super Albert is used, and Kylin is used for heavy welding.
What areas can be welded with a handheld laser welding machine ?
The hand-held laser welding machine is mainly used for the fixed positions of large and medium-sized sheet metal, cabinets, chassis, aluminum alloy door and window frames, stainless steel wash basins and other large workpieces such as inner right angle, outer right angle, plane weld welding, small heat affected area and small deformation during welding , And the welding depth is large and the welding is firm. Widely used in kitchen and bathroom industry, home appliance industry, advertising industry, mold industry, stainless steel product industry, stainless steel engineering industry, door and window industry, handicraft industry, household goods industry, furniture industry, auto parts industry and other welding fields.
What welding methods can a handheld laser welding machine have?
The handheld laser welding machine can have a variety of welding methods: it can realize welding at any angle: stitch welding, butt welding, vertical welding, flat fillet welding, inner fillet welding, outer fillet welding, etc. Welding of irregular shapes. Welding at any angle can be achieved. In addition, he can also complete the cutting, welding and cutting can be switched freely, just change the welding copper nozzle to the cutting copper nozzle, which is very convenient.
What are the benefits of a handheld laser welding machine ?
1. Wide welding range: The handheld welding head is equipped with 5m-10M original optical fiber, which overcomes the limitation of the workbench space and can be used for outdoor welding and long-distance welding;
2. Convenient and flexible to use: Hand-held laser welding is equipped with moving pulleys, which is comfortable to hold, and can be adjusted at any time without the need for a fixed-point station. It is free and flexible, and is suitable for various working environment scenarios.
3. Various welding methods: Welding at any angle can be achieved: stitch welding, butt welding, vertical welding, flat fillet welding, inner fillet welding, outer fillet welding, etc. It can weld workpieces with various complex welds and irregular shapes of large workpieces. Welding at any angle can be achieved. In addition, he can also complete the cutting, welding and cutting can be switched freely, just change the welding copper nozzle to the cutting copper nozzle, which is very convenient.
4. Good welding effect: hand-held laser welding is hot-melt welding. Compared with traditional welding, laser welding has higher energy density and can achieve better welding effect. , The welding depth is large, the melting is sufficient, it is firm and reliable, and the strength of the weld reaches or even exceeds the base metal itself, which cannot be guaranteed by ordinary welding machines.
5. Welds do not need grinding: After traditional welding, the welding points need to be ground to ensure smoothness and not roughness. The hand-held laser welding just reflects more advantages in the processing effect: continuous welding, smooth without fish scales, beautiful without scars, and less subsequent grinding processes.
6. No consumables for welding: The welding operation in most people’s impressions is “left hand goggles, right hand clip welding wire”. However, with the hand-held laser welding machine, the welding can be easily completed, which reduces the material cost in production and processing.
7. With multiple safety alarms, the welding tip is only effective when the switch is touched when it touches the metal, the light is automatically locked after the workpiece is removed, and the touch switch has a body temperature sensor. High safety, ensuring the safety of operators during work.
8. Save labor cost: Compared with arc welding, the processing cost can be reduced by about 30%. The operation is simple and easy to learn and quick to learn, and the technical threshold of the operator is not high. Ordinary workers can be employed after a short training, and can easily achieve high-quality welding results.
What is the difference between hand-held laser welding machine and argon arc welding?
1. Energy consumption comparison: Compared with traditional arc welding, the hand-held laser welding machine saves about 80% to 90% of electric energy, and the processing cost can be reduced by about 30%.
2. Welding effect comparison: laser hand-held welding can complete dissimilar steel and dissimilar metal welding. Fast speed, small deformation and small heat affected zone. The welds are beautiful, flat, no/less pores, and no pollution. Handheld laser welding machines for tiny open parts and precision welding.
3. Follow-up process comparison: laser hand-held welding has low heat input, small deformation of the workpiece, and can obtain a beautiful welding surface, without or only need to be briefly processed (depending on the welding surface effect requirements). The hand-held laser welding machine can greatly reduce the labor cost of the huge polishing and leveling process.
What are the differences between handheld laser welding machines and plasma welding equipment?
Laser welding is a new type of welding method. It is mainly used for welding precision parts, fast welding for thin plate materials, and basically no deformation of the workpiece after welding. It gradually penetrates into various industries and gradually replaces the traditional plasma. Most of the market for welding machines. So what is the difference between a laser welding machine and a plasma welding machine? Laser welding machine welding and plasma welding are similar in that both belong to general beam arc welding, both of which are converted from electrical energy to heat energy, both can weld materials with high melting points, and both sides can be welded on both sides. The difference between laser welding and plasma welding is that the laser of the laser welding machine is a monochromatic, specific and coherent photon flow, and the maximum laser power can reach 106-129w/cm2. The Plasma welding machine belongs to the arc that suffers from shrinkage, and the plasma arc is usually 106w/cm2. The maximum temperature that a laser welding machine can reach is much higher than that of a Plasma welding machine. Laser welding equipment is complex and diverse, and the cost is relatively high, while the Plasma welding machine has a simple structure and relatively low cost.
Is there any difference in labor cost between hand-held laser welding machine and traditional welding?
The labor cost of hand-held laser welding is low, and argon arc welding requires professional operators, which cost about 7,000 yuan a month. The hand-held fiber laser welding machine only needs general workers or newcomers, and the salary is about 5K per month, which can save about 20,000 yuan a year. The hand-held fiber laser welding machine is highly replaceable, has low requirements for technicians, and saves labor costs.
What is the difference between a handheld laser welding machine and a spot welding machine (resistance welding)?
The spot welding machine is a resistance welding method that assembles the weldment into a lap joint, and presses it between two cylindrical electrodes, and uses resistance heat to melt the base metal metal to form a solder joint. Spot welding is mainly used for thin plate welding. The process is generally: pre-pressing to ensure good contact between the workpieces; electrification to form nuggets and plastic rings at the weld; power-off forging, so that the nugget cools and crystallizes under the continued action of pressure, forming a dense structure without shrinkage holes and cracks of solder joints.
- 1. Differences:
1. Laser welding machine, welding equipment has strong skills, obvious advantages, and accounts for a large proportion of welding processing. It mainly uses laser beam as welding power. When the welding head is impacted, the beam can be collected by reflection or the lens can be cast on the welding seam, and then go on It can be welded and can be used in optical communication devices, IT, medical, electronics, batteries, etc.
2. Spot welding machine, the welding equipment used by spot welding machine in the past, the process is simple, economical, suitable for most welding connections, and does not require too much skills, so this equipment is one of the methods in the welding industry, Use manual or program work. Of course, spot welding machines also have laser spot welding machines. The items welded by laser spot welding machines are well welded, without pollution, and the degree of damage is low.
- 2. Characteristics difference:
1. The laser welding machine will not deform the welded parts due to the characteristics, the welding depth and width are very good, the welding seam strength is high, the welding speed is fast, the accuracy of the processed components is high, and after the welding is completed, there is no need to do after-treatment, Compared with the spot welding machine, the welded parts are more beautiful.
2. Spot welding is a messy method. The same structural parts welded in the same batch will have welding seam problems, which will be superimposed on the street, which will affect the appearance and need to be dealt with. At the same time, the image of welding deformation often occurs, and the laser welding machine can reduce the problem of deformation.
What are the technical specifications of the handheld laser welding machine ?
Before buying a handheld laser welding machine, it is just right to know its technical parameters or specifications. This will help you find the best machine for your needs. The most relevant and influential technical parameters of hand-held laser welding machines are:
Weld thickness, laser wavelength, welding speed range, welding gap, water cooling capability, fiber length, electromechanical capability, total power, total weight, by knowing all of these, you will be able to easily find the handheld laser welding machine you need!
What is the welding penetration capability of the handheld laser welding machine 1KW, 1.5KW, and 2KW?
|1kw welding capacity|
|serial number||Material||Fusion depth||Penetration thickness|
|1.5kw welding capacity|
|serial number||Material||Fusion depth||Penetration thickness|
|2kw welding capacity|
|serial number||Material||Fusion depth||Penetration thickness|
|Model||Laser welding machine|
|Laser wavelength||1070 nautical miles|
|Fiber length||Standard 10M, optional 15M|
|Way of working||Continuous / Modulation|
|Galvo scanning speed||≤8000mm/s|
|refrigeration unit||Industrial constant temperature water tank|
|Working ambient temperature range||15-35℃|
|< 70% non-condensing|
|Welding material thickness||0.5-4mm|
|Welding gap requirements||≤0.5mm|
How strong is the hand-held laser welding machine ?
Handheld laser welders process light, so we calculate its intensity by how fast it travels. Typically, laser welding machines are three (3) to five (5) times faster than MIG welding; this means five (5) times, or even ten (10) times faster than conventional and conventional tig welding.
How to use a handheld Laser Welder?
The first step is to turn on the laser power. Make sure to connect it to the proper voltage required by the machine to activate the emergency stop button as well as the laser generator button. This will turn on the screen or interface to activate the laser source and water cooler/cooler, use the interface to specify power, mode and speed based on the thickness of the material, grab the laser torch, adjust the nozzle focus, test it with scrap material to see if the specs fit so! You now know how to use and operate a handheld laser welding machine.
What are the disadvantages of handheld laser welding machines ?
Both the workpiece and the laser beam must be within the closest and most accurate range, and unlike other types of welding, the thickness of weldability is limited. Workpieces of 19mm and above may not be welded properly. We all know that hand-held laser welding machines are one of the most expensive welding equipment. Although these disadvantages may seem too many, the advantages obviously outweigh the disadvantages.
How does laser welding work?
Laser welding works just like traditional welding. By using a high-density laser beam, the laser welding machine sprays high-temperature laser light to the edge of the joining metal. The heat then melts the metal to form the weld so they can stick to each other.
Laser Welding Machines – Which Laser to Choose?
Either of the following two types of lasers can be used as a laser welding system – pulsed laser and continuous laser, the choice between the two depends on the thickness in between. Consider the advantages of both.
1. Advantages of pulsed laser: The pulse puller is made of metal plate, gold pulse chain belt, titanium pacemaker and razor blade. This laser avoids melting or deformation of the metal. Suitable for thin and light metals.
2. Advantages of continuous lasers: This is more expensive than pulsed lasers. It also reduces service costs. Most effective in highly resistant metals. Suitable for intensive profile welding. If you use metal or components that are too small, you will have problems. In this case, the laser may damage, melt or deform the part.
Laser Welders – Which Configuration to Choose?
For the welder, there are three configurations. Manual, semi-automatic and automatic, however, your configuration choices will depend on your needs, whether small or large and your workstation setup.
1. Manual laser welding equipment, such as hand-held laser welding machines, requires considerable capacity and skill as well as easy maintenance compared to semi-automatic and automatic equipment. The operator must control the order in which the parts are welded. Best for small scale production.
2. Semi-automatic laser, such as automatic laser welding platform special machine, in semi-automatic laser welding machine , the controller manually loads the workpiece into the welding fixture. They are larger than hand welders and have turntables. Ideal for medium to large industries.
3. Automatic laser, such as: robot automatic laser welding. These are the largest laser welding machines. These devices are free of human interference, so users can rest assured. The presence of loading and unloading stations reduces time and increases efficiency. These devices are placed by robots and automatically process the parts under the laser. Best for large industries. However, it has a high cost.
What problems should we pay attention to when using the hand-held laser welding machine ?
1. Preparations before work, the staff should wear radiation protection glasses and safety protective clothing to ensure the safety of the staff in production
2. Welding machine protection, cannot be used together with arc welding machines (argon arc welding, spot welding) to prevent circuit reflow from causing damage to the parts of the laser welding machine
3. In use, when using the laser welding machine, we should pay attention that the welding head cannot be aimed at any part of the body, nor can the welding head be directly placed on the ground to prevent dust from affecting it, pay attention to the bending of the fiber optic bellows The radius should not be less than 20cm to prevent the fiber from burning
4. After use, if you need to leave temporarily during use, you need to click the “Stop” button to make the laser welding machine enter the standby state, and turn off the machine after get off work. You must also press the “Stop” button to turn off the equipment.
How to choose a handheld laser welding machine ?
1. The user needs to determine the power of the device. Many companies and manufacturers are connected with the procurement department, and they do not know much about the actual application of the production workshop and the nature of product materials. Wuxi Youcai (UCRT) recommends that users send samples for process testing first, and our engineers and technical leaders will explain the process. Process, assess whether the effect meets expectations, and finally determine the power of the equipment.
2. Brand selection of main components. The hand -held laser welding machine is mainly composed of lasers, chillers, hand-held welding heads, optical fibers, sheet metal cabinets, etc. The quality of the main components basically determines the quality of the equipment. The cooperating laser industry suppliers are all well-known brands at home and abroad, and promise to guarantee the basic performance and service life of the equipment.
3. After-sales service level. The reason why many users choose well-known laser equipment manufacturers that have been established for many years is because they have a relatively complete after-sales service system. However, according to some end users, even large manufacturers may have untimely after-sales responses, and large manufacturers develop products. There are a wide range of types and many production lines, and handheld devices are usually sold as a set or looking for a foundry. The focus of the manufacturer’s R&D, production and sales is the handheld laser processing system. The technical engineers are all industry practitioners with many years of experience. They are committed to promoting the replacement of traditional equipment with handheld laser equipment. Each equipment will provide the most timely technical training and After-sales service.
4. Purchase channel selection. Due to the increasingly fierce competition in the laser industry, manufacturers will conduct brand promotion or cooperate with agents in various channels, and product prices will also fluctuate. Users are advised to search the company’s official website to obtain official contact information before purchasing to ensure the best purchase. Authentic handheld laser welding machines at affordable prices.
How to solve the common faults of hand-held laser welding machine?
1. The reason why the output power of the laser decreases after the handheld laser welding machine is used for a period of time:
①Whether the laser resonator has changed: fine-tune the front and rear resonator mirrors to make the output spot the best;
②Whether there is any contamination of the total reverse and the output diaphragm;
③Condensation is formed on the surface of the laser rod of the handheld laser welding machine due to the temperature difference;
2. The laser output power of the handheld laser welding machine is normal, but the laser beam cannot play the role of marking:
① Whether the adjustment of the optical path system is accurate;
②Whether the acousto-optic switch can play a switching role;
3. Reasons why the hand-held laser welding machine cannot achieve the expected marking depth:
①Whether the laser output power meets the requirements;
②Whether the turn-off power of the acousto-optic switch meets the requirements;
③ Whether the optical path adjustment is accurate;
④Whether the workpiece surface is on the focal plane;
What are the daily maintenance of hand- held laser welding machine ?
The matters needing attention in the daily operation of the hand-held laser welding machine and the maintenance work to be done are as follows:
1. Welding machine maintenance of hand-held laser welding machine
①.Do a good job of inspection on a regular basis.
②. Since the welding machine is cooled by forced air, it is easy to inhale dust from the surroundings and accumulate in the machine. Therefore, we can regularly use clean and dry compressed air to blow away the dust inside the welding machine.
③. Regularly check the wiring parts of the power wiring.
④. During the annual maintenance and inspection, comprehensive repair work such as the replacement of defective parts, the repair of the casing and the reinforcement of the insulation deterioration should be carried out.
2. Hand-held welding manual operation
①. Hand-held laser welding mechanics must undergo professional training, understand the purpose of system indicators and buttons, and be familiar with the most basic equipment knowledge;
②. Check the working groove of the hand-held laser welding machine before working, and the wires are not damaged and exposed; it is strictly forbidden to place sundries, tools, etc. on the robot body, external shaft, gun cleaning station, and water cooler;
③. It is strictly forbidden to place liquid objects, flammable objects and the temperature of the operating room on the control cabinet, which should not exceed 25 degrees Celsius, and there is no leakage of air, water, and electricity.
3. Maintenance of welding torch
①. Regularly check and replace the contact tip
②. Regularly clean and replace the spring hose
③. Inspection of insulating ferrules
The regular maintenance and inspection work implemented above can reduce the occurrence of laser welding failures. Although it takes some time and effort, it can prolong the life of the welding machine, improve the efficiency of the operation, ensure the performance of the welding machine and improve the safety. . In addition, in the process of using the hand-held laser welding machine, safety protection cannot be ignored.
What is the principle of laser welding?
Laser welding belongs to fusion welding, using laser beam as welding heat source. The welding principle is: excite the active medium through a specific method, make it oscillate back and forth in the resonant cavity, and then convert it into a beam of stimulated radiation. When the beam and the workpiece contact each other , its energy is absorbed by the workpiece, and welding can be performed when the temperature reaches the melting point of the material.
The principle of laser welding is divided according to the mechanism of welding molten pool formation. There are two basic welding mechanisms in laser welding machine welding: heat conduction welding and deep penetration (small hole) welding. The heat generated during heat conduction welding is diffused into the workpiece through heat transfer, so that the surface of the weld is melted without vaporization. It is often used in the welding of low-speed thin-walled components. Deep penetration welding vaporizes the material and forms a large amount of plasma. Due to the large heat, small holes will appear at the front of the molten pool. Deep penetration welding can completely penetrate the workpiece, and has large input energy and fast welding speed. It is the most widely used laser welding mode at present.
How much does a handheld laser welding machine cost, and what are the factors that determine the price?
Laser welding is widely used in all walks of life, and the advanced and mature laser welding technology has made laser welding machines widely recognized. In order to ensure good use effect, professional brand laser welding machine manufacturers should be purchased, but at the same time, price positioning should also be measured.
1. The price of different models must be different. To know how much the laser welding machine costs, users need to know the use range, power, type, brand specifications, etc. of the welding machine. More importantly, they should buy according to their own needs, so that to confirm the exact price. Due to the different cost prices of different brands, specifications and models, the sales prices are naturally uneven, which should be analyzed in combination with the actual welding needs.
2. Don’t blindly follow the trend when buying laser welding machines. Some users are blind to purchasing laser welding opportunities and don’t know how to choose. Some may choose cheap laser equipment, and some will prefer the more expensive the better. This can easily affect the actual use effect. It is necessary to choose according to your own welding needs, not only to ensure better results in use, but also to make the cost performance more cost-effective and avoid cost losses.
3. After-sales service and transportation costs must be taken into account, and the manufacturer’s price should be viewed from a comprehensive perspective. If the manufacturer’s quotation is very low, but it does not include freight and the warranty period is only half a year, then such manufacturer’s quotation requires us to pay special attention, and it will be more troublesome if there is a problem with the product in the future. Maybe the cost of the later spend is much greater than the difference in the early stage.
What are the common process parameters of hand-held laser welding machine ?
There are many process parameters that affect the quality of laser welding, such as power density, laser pulse waveform, defocusing amount, welding speed and auxiliary blowing shielding gas.
1. Laser power density, power density is one of the most critical parameters in laser processing. With higher power densities, the surface layer can be heated to the boiling point in the microsecond time range, resulting in a large amount of vaporization. Therefore, high power density is very beneficial for material removal processes such as punching, cutting, and engraving. For lower power density, it takes several milliseconds for the surface temperature to reach the boiling point. Before the surface vaporizes, the bottom layer reaches the melting point, which is easy to form a good fusion weld. Therefore, in thermal conduction laser welding, the power density range is 104-106W/cm2.
2. Laser pulse waveform, laser pulse waveform is not only an important parameter to distinguish material removal or material melting, but also a key parameter to determine the volume and cost of processing equipment. When the high-intensity laser beam hits the surface of the material, 60-90% of the laser energy will be reflected and lost on the surface of the material, especially gold, silver, copper, aluminum, titanium and other materials with strong reflection and fast heat transfer. During a laser pulse signal, the reflectivity of the metal changes with time. When the surface temperature of the material increases to the melting point, the reflectivity decreases rapidly, and when the surface is in a molten state, the reflection stabilizes at a certain value. Laser welding pulse waveform of different materials
3. Laser pulse width, pulse width is an important parameter of pulse laser welding. The pulse width is determined by the penetration depth and the heat-affected zone. The longer the pulse width, the larger the heat-affected zone, and the penetration depth increases with the 1/2 power of the pulse width. However, the increase of the pulse width will reduce the peak power, so increasing the pulse width is generally used for heat conduction welding, and the weld size formed is wide and shallow, especially suitable for lap welding of thin and thick plates. However, lower peak power results in excess heat input, and each material has an optimal pulse width that maximizes penetration.
4. Defocus amount, laser welding usually requires a certain defocus amount, because the power density in the center of the spot at the laser focus is too high, which is easy to evaporate into a hole. The power density distribution is relatively uniform across the planes away from the laser focus. There are two defocusing methods: positive defocusing and negative defocusing. The focal plane above the workpiece is positive defocus, otherwise it is negative defocus. According to the geometric optics theory, when the distance between the positive and negative defocus planes and the welding plane is equal, the power density on the corresponding plane is approximately the same, but the shape of the molten pool obtained is actually different. When the defocus is negative, a larger penetration depth can be obtained, which is related to the formation process of the molten pool.
5. Welding speed, welding speed determines the welding surface quality, penetration depth, heat affected zone, etc. The speed of the welding speed of the laser welding machine will affect the heat input per unit time. If the welding speed is too slow, the heat input will be too large, causing the workpiece to burn through. If the welding speed is too fast, the heat input will be too small, resulting in poor welding of the workpiece. through. The method of reducing the welding speed is usually used to improve the penetration.
6. Auxiliary blowing protective gas, auxiliary blowing protective gas is an essential process in high-power laser welding. On the one hand, it is to prevent the contamination of the focusing mirror due to sputtering of metal materials; Gases such as helium, argon, nitrogen, etc. are often used in the laser welding process to protect the molten pool to protect the workpiece from oxidation during the welding process. Factors such as the type of shielding gas, the size of the airflow, and the blowing angle have a great impact on the welding results. Different blowing methods will also have a certain impact on the welding quality.
Why are handheld laser welding machines popular?
Traditional welding machines are bulky and inflexible to use. With market demand and equipment upgrades, a hand-held laser welding machine was well received as soon as it was launched on the market. Many people have purchased hand-held laser welding machines. After using them, they said that the equipment is very easy to use .
1. First of all, the welding speed of the hand-held laser welding machine is fast. According to the actual use, the welding speed is faster than that of the traditional welding machine. Generally, the welding speed is about 2 times faster. If you purchase one equipment for the same workload for one year, you can save 2 – 3 welders.
2. The hand-held laser welding machine is more convenient to use. Large-scale welding machines require a professional employment certificate, while the hand-held laser welding machine can be used very quickly, and can be employed after simple training. It is no longer required to have an employment certificate, which is suitable for more people to operate and use.
3. The welding effect of the hand-held laser welding machine is good, and the welding of the hand-held laser welding machine is smooth, almost no grinding process is needed, which saves welding time and labor costs
4. Programmable control of hand-held laser welding machine, through programmatic control, various materials can be welded, and various welding methods can realize automatic welding.
What are the differences between handheld laser welding machines and cold welding machine welding applications?
1. The difference in principle: The principle of the multi-function cold welding machine is to use the charging capacitor to discharge in a period of 10-3 to 10-1 seconds and an ultra-short time of 10-6 to 10-5 seconds. The contact part between the electrode material and the workpiece will be heated to 8000°C ~ 10000°C in an instant, and the molten metal in the plasma state transitions to the surface of the workpiece in a metallurgical manner. The cold welding machine mainly performs the functions of depositing, sealing, filling and other repairing defects such as wear, scratches, pinholes, cracks, defect deformation, hardness reduction, trachoma, damage and other defects on the surface of metal workpieces. The laser welding machine uses high-energy laser pulses to locally heat the material in a small area. The energy of the laser radiation diffuses into the interior of the material through heat conduction, and the material is melted to form a specific molten pool to achieve the purpose of welding. According to its working method Divided into laser mold welding machine, automatic laser welding machine , laser spot welding machine, optical fiber transmission laser welding machine.
2. The difference between application functions: The cold welding machine mainly has the functions of depositing, sealing, filling and repairing defects such as wear, scratches, pinholes, cracks, defect deformation, hardness reduction, trachoma, damage and other defects on the surface of metal workpieces. . The laser welding machine is mainly aimed at the welding of thin-walled materials and precision parts. It can realize spot welding, butt welding, stitch welding, sealing welding, etc. After welding, the substrate will not be deformed, annealed, undercut, or residual stress, and its metal will not be changed. The tissue state, the repairing precision is high, the coating thickness is from a few microns to a few millimeters, and only needs to be polished.